Frequently Asked Questions
How do I rent media?
- 1. Sign up to create your Rental Membership with no commitment.
- 2. Browse our growing media collection and add items to your rental queue or 'wish list' by mailing your list to us. The first time you do so, you will be prompted to grant us Contributor permission to your mailbox.(Team drive/Shared folder)
- 3. Wait for your item in the mailbox: it typically takes 1 to 3 days for your selections to arrive in your mailbox.
- 4. There are no late fees or due dates, so take as long as you'd like to enjoy your selections.
- 5. Return a Movie/CD/TVshow by giving an honest review/feedback and get another from your list. Shipping is free both ways.
How do I return rented media?
Normally you would have to, but since our rental media are backup files of existing physical copies, you don't need to return them.
You just need to write a feedback or review about the item you rented in order to actually return it, then the next available item from your wish list will be on their way to you!
How much does it cost?
Subscription and rent will always be FREE. However, donations are accepted.
How do I unsubscribe?
You can cancel your membership at any time, just send us an email with the subject unsubscribe followed by your username.
What is a Team drive/shared drive and why do i need it to receive my rented items?
You can read more about Team drives here, a shared drive provide you with unlimited storage that is usually needed to store all your media collection for free.
Therefore, that folder will serve you as a mailbox to receive your rented media, because we absolutely do not shared direct links of any of our available rental media, no exceptions.
Where do i get a shared drive for free?
Get free ccsf/swccd team drives(shared drives) every 24 hours here:
University of Sheffield: https://gdrive.zppcw.cn/
Taiwan ChungCheng University: https://gd.404edu.workers.dev/
Multiple schools: https://td.fastio.me/
(The first column is the name of your new team drive. The second column is your gmail address.)
(Feel free to share these links to anyone!!! Let more people to know about them!)